We launched in Romania the international volunteer program Naturweit!
Article published on 06-11-2020
is the German Commission for UNESCO’s international voluntary service within the framework of Germany’s foreign culture relations and education policy.
Kulturweit gives young people aged 18 to 26 a better perception and sense of their global responsibility. During the voluntary service, they work with cultural, educational and natural sciences institutions worldwide, for a period of 6 to 12 months.
Kulturweit initiates learning processes and provides sustainable perspectives. The opportunities reach far beyond the voluntary service, engaging young people in promoting an inclusive and open-minded society, in line with UNESCO. A lifelong process in personality development with respect to culture, education, nature and human rights is the main focus.
The assignment locations the volunteers are offered the opportunity to engage in are located in countries of the Global South, Eastern Europe and the CIS.
During their assignments, volunteers take on a variety of tasks and implement their own projects. Volunteers expand their perspective on global contexts and different living and working conditions while participating at a voluntary service.
Goals of the programme:
- promotion of personality development and competences of all participants in a globalised world;
- increased interest of young adults in civic involvement for an active society;
- conveyance of a modern and distinctive image of Germany, and distinctive images of the assignment countries to the German society;
- personal experiencing of major UNESCO themes within an international context;
- contribution to a peaceful coexistence of people and societies worldwide.
Naturweit is the component of Kulturweit focusing on natural sciences. For the first time in Romania, the National Commission of Romania for UNESCO implements, since 2020, Naturweit in nature related institutions in Romania! Stay tuned to meet our first volunteer and first host institution!
Programme manager: Iris Constantin